Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Cottage

Sometimes it may seem, especially from reading my blog and my Twitter, that Florida is just sloppin' over with nonstop great places to eat and drink. Not so. Many places are stuck in that rut of "we know most of you are tourists and will never be here again, so we can feed you garbage and treat you with bored indifference and it won't matter."

This, then, is why when a restaurant like The Cottage on 153 Avenida Messina of Siesta Key comes along, I crow about its awesomeness, even if there actually isn't a whole heck of a lot to say about it. You know the drill by now: grouper sandwich (theirs is enormous, genuine, and delicious) and a Mojito (like Columbia's, theirs is the real deal.)

To illustrate its marvels, I wish I had some elaborate story involving drag queens, chemtrails, a talking dog, a Bible, and a rubber raft, but sadly that's not the case. It's just this restaurant, you know? The fact that this place simply doesn't suck would make this noteworthy data, but that would be damning with faint praise; this is without a doubt my favorite grubshack on Siesta Key.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mr. FL Zone, I love your writing style and the way you just say what you feel. That is something you don't often see these days with everyone trying not to offend. (I say, sometimes you have to just not give a sh*t.) I especially love your restaurant posts. And The Cottage is awesome! Thanks for this. I'll be looking here for more grubshack reviews.

    ReplyDelete