Saturday, January 25, 2014

Spaghetti the Clown

You just never know what you're going to encounter walking the streets of Interzone. I rounded a corner on St. Armand's Key recently and came face to red-nosed face with none other than Spaghetti the Clown. He was performing some sort of routine in which he would hurl stuff up in the air via a rope, and then catch it again via the rope. Sounds boring when I tell it that way - and in fact you know it sort of is - but I had to admit there was serious hand-to-eye coordination going on here. He may be a clown but he gots mad skillz.

I did a little Googling when I got home, though, and learned that this is no mere clown-come-lately: his real name is Marcelo Perez Trascasa, and he's apparently quite a beloved fixture in Florida's formidable circus scene. Though I am a coulrophobe at heart, I found Spaghetti's act much easier to confront than Grandma the Clown, to say nothing of Grillo the Clown.

1 comment: