Sunday, January 26, 2014

Four Points Sheraton Tallahassee

I develop fixations on certain buildings that call to me for whatever reason; sometimes I manage to go back and figure out what it is about the edifice that restimulates unexplained feelings but mostly I don't bother. The building and I just nod at each other as we pass, and we go about our business.

This building in Louisville is one example, and displayed here is another - the Four Points Sheraton hotel in Tallahassee. Though it's certainly a cool building, there's no real reason for me to perk up and stand at attention when seeing it. But I do.

It was even cooler back in the day, in its original incarnation as a Holiday Inn. You can see a snippet of film footage of it in its glory days here, and a photo of it halfway through its transformation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment