Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rumba

When a business associate suggested we have our meeting at Rumba, well into the Clearwater mainland, I felt a momentary twinge of disappointment. I'd hoped to have held the meeting at any one of the high-energy fun places on Clearwater Beach, like Frenchy's, Jimmy's, Cooters, Crabby Bill's, Clear Sky, or my beloved Columbia restaurant.

But I quickly saw the wisdom of the choice. I had the biggest and best grouper sandwich of my life here - and I've known a lot of grouper sandwiches in my time. And the cocktails were amazing - especially their "Naked on the Beach" cocktail with Naked Turtle rum, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice. In a couple weeks, I'll be staying in Clearwater for about a month, and for all my stalkers taking notes, the smart money would bet that you can find me here, sitting in the far rear corner booth and sipping the two-for-one sangrias.

No comments:

Post a Comment